Motor vehicle/Personal Injury
Case Intake and Assessment: Assist in the initial intake of clients, gather relevant information about the motor vehicle accident or personal injury, and assess potential legal issues.
Document Collection: Obtain police reports, medical records, accident reports, insurance information, and any other relevant documents needed for the case.
Legal Research: Conduct legal research on Georgia motor vehicle laws, personal injury statutes, case law, and relevant regulations to support the attorney's case strategies.
Document Preparation: Draft and prepare legal documents, including demand letters, complaints, answers, motions, and other court filings, in compliance with Georgia's court rules and procedures.
Filing and Record Keeping: File documents with the appropriate Georgia courts and maintain organized case files and records.
Expert Witness Coordination: Assist in coordinating with accident reconstruction experts, medical experts, and other relevant experts for the case.
Discovery Support: Assist in the discovery process by gathering and organizing evidence, preparing interrogatories, requests for production, and other discovery-related documents.
Medical Bill Review: Review and summarize medical bills and records related to the motor vehicle accident or personal injury.
Client Communication: Communicate with clients, schedule appointments, and update them on case progress.
Communication with Opposing Counsel and Insurance Companies: Liaise with opposing counsel, insurance adjusters, or their paralegals to exchange information and negotiate settlements.
Mediation and Settlement: Assist with mediation preparations and settlement negotiations.
Trial Preparation: Prepare trial notebooks, exhibits, and trial binders, and assist with trial preparation, including witness preparation and exhibits.
Legal Correspondence: Draft and review legal correspondence, including letters to opposing counsel, insurance companies, and clients.
Legal Software and Technology: Utilize legal software and technology tools effectively to manage case documents, calendaring, and communication.
Maintaining Deadlines: Track deadlines and ensure that all required documents are filed with the court within the specified timeframes.
Legal Billing and Invoicing: Assist with legal billing and invoicing tasks, including preparing billing entries and maintaining billing records.
Conflict Checks and Ethical Compliance: Conduct conflict checks and ensure ethical compliance in all aspects of case management.
Continuing Education: Stay informed about changes in Georgia motor vehicle and personal injury laws, rules, and court procedures through continuous legal education.
Client Support: Provide support to clients during the legal process and address their questions or concerns, particularly in matters related to their injuries and medical treatment.
Client Intake and Communication:
- Conduct initial client interviews to gather information about the accident and injuries.
- Communicate with clients to provide updates, collect necessary documents, and address inquiries.
- Schedule appointments, medical exams, and depositions for clients and attorneys.
Investigation and Evidence Gathering:
- Coordinate accident scene investigations, including obtaining photos, reports, and witness statements.
- Gather medical records, police reports, insurance information, and other relevant documents.
- Assist with obtaining expert opinions, such as accident reconstruction or medical experts.
Medical Records and Billing:
- Organize and review medical records and bills to determine the extent of injuries and treatment.
- Summarize medical information for attorneys' review and prepare medical chronologies.
Legal Research and Analysis:
- Conduct legal research on Georgia personal injury laws, regulations, and relevant case law.
- Analyze liability, negligence, and damages issues to support case strategies.
Document Preparation and Filing:
- Draft and prepare legal documents, including complaints, answers, motions, and settlement agreements.
- File documents electronically or in person with Georgia courts and serve opposing parties as required.
- Communicate with insurance companies to negotiate settlements and address claims-related matters.
- Assist with preparing demand letters outlining the client's case and settlement demands.
Deposition and Trial Preparation:
- Coordinate and schedule depositions with clients, witnesses, and opposing parties.
- Prepare deposition summaries and trial notebooks for attorneys' use in court.
- Organize and maintain case files, records, and documentation to ensure accessibility and accuracy.
- Monitor deadlines, court dates, and statutes of limitations to ensure timely filings.
- Assist in settlement negotiations by preparing documentation, communicating with opposing counsel, and calculating potential settlement amounts.
- Assist in trial preparation, including organizing exhibits, coordinating witnesses, and preparing trial binders.
- Attend trials to provide administrative support, take notes, and assist attorneys as needed.
Legal Billing and Records Management:
- Maintain accurate time records for billing purposes.
- Assist in preparing billing invoices and tracking payments from clients.
Client Support and Education:
- Provide clients with information about case progress, legal procedures, and their rights.
- Offer emotional support and resources to clients during the personal injury litigation process.
Conflict Checks and Ethical Compliance:
- Conduct conflict checks to ensure no conflicts of interest with potential clients.
- Adhere to ethical rules and professional conduct standards in all tasks.
Court Rules and Deadlines:
- Stay current with Georgia court rules, procedures, and filing deadlines relevant to personal injury cases.
- Participate in legal education seminars and workshops to stay updated on changes in personal injury laws and practices in Georgia.
Case Closing and Post-Settlement Matters:
- Ensure all necessary actions are taken to conclude cases, including the distribution of settlement funds and closing documents.